Septic System Malfunction – Warning Signs!
As discussed in our prior blog, septic systems require routine maintenance for a healthy lifespan. It’s imperative to have your tank pumped every 2-3 years so you not only empty your tank but also a septic professional can keep you properly advised of issues you might have been unaware of.
As all homeowners realize, even with properly scheduled maintenance things can happen within your home. Here are some septic system warning signs.
Note- If you own a residential or commercial septic system and are experiencing any of the below please call Pro Rooter and Septic, a Central Valley plumbing and septic professional and immediately have your system checked out.
- Sewage and water are backing up into home or business from drains, toilets, and sinks
- Gurgling noises from within plumbing system
- Showers, bathtubs, and drains drain slowly
- Unpleasant odors near septic tank or drain field
- Unusually lush/healthy grass over drain field or septic tank (even in dry weather)
- Saturated spots or standing water on drain field or near septic tank
Septic systems require routine maintenance, the industry of septic professionals cannot stress that enough. If your tank is maintained regularly then it should be reliable for many years. A septic system failure or malfunction can cause expensive and hazardous repairs. You don’t want to risk human, environmental, and animal health by neglecting warning signs or ignoring your septic system. A quick response and a little education about septic systems will save property owners money, environmental impact, and health hazards.
Additional community resources in Fresno, CA – Fresno Dept. of Public Health